From November 12 to 27, 2022 at the Xenia Hall in Trieste, you can visit the B#Side the River exhibition open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Book a free guided tour at email@example.com
Works created this summer by international contemporary artists in residence in the Isonzo and Venezia Giulia territories for the B#Side the River Festival converge in an exhibition in Trieste.
The atmospheric Sala Xenia houses works of video art, spatial installation, photographic processing, gestural painting, and durational performance, focusing on the historical role of the Isonzo River.
B#Side the River Festival
An itinerant festival conceived under the sign of art and performance, to connect to the regional territory some of the most well-known and established contemporary art personalities of our time: international artists’ residencies marked, in June and July 2022, the unprecedented B#Side the River kermesse, a project linked to the Soča River, its relationship with the territory of our region, its historical role and its contemporary dimension for border communities. Through methodologies involving the local population, the artists conducted shared ethnographic research, collective archival research, visits to historical places, sensory and sound walks, and performances open to the public of extraordinary artistic and emotional impact: the goal achieved was the creation of unpublished works of art, nourished by the collective memory residing in the places and now flowing into the exhibition set up in Trieste.
The 2022 edition of B#Side the River focused on a wide regional area, particularly the Isontino area and in Venezia Giulia, involving in particular the centers of Trieste, Gradisca d’Isonzo, Ruda, Monfalcone, Farra d’Isonzo, Sagrado, Staranzano, Fogliano Redipuglia, and Mariano del Friuli.
The artworks on exhibition
- Ka-Boom! | Lang Ea, 2022 – land art installation
- Arco | Ingrid Ogenstedt, 2022 – land art installation
- All Arms United | Nathalie Vanheule, 2022 – collaborative performance/relational art repurposed in the form of video (4′ 07”, sound, color) and gestural painting on textural media
- Sonata for a Violin and Cornfields Op. 1946 | Andreja Kargačin, 2022 – durational performance
- Presepe. My dead want me | Andreja Kargačin, 2022 – durational performance
- Embodied Resistance: Past, Present, Future | Holly Timpener, 2022 – durational performance
- Graphical Structures | “Peim” Van der Sloot, 2022 – triptych of photographs overwritten with stickers, 30×40 cm | diptych of photographs overwritten with stickers, 20×30 cm | photographic portrait overwritten with stickers, 20 x 30 cm
- Roses are red | Boris Beja, 2022 – installazione. Wood, flowers, herbarium, paper
- Sail This Way | Boris Beja, 2022 – spatial installation. Wood, glass, color (sound)
- Moon and Sun | Gülhatun Yıldırım, 2022 – long term performance
- Dissolvenze | Marta Lodola, 2022 – relational art / performance